The Capillatum Potion was taught during Term 25 by Professor Hecate Lafay. The spell was invented by potioneer Caesar Auricomus after years of studying baldness, and it helps to grow hair that is lost through magical or other means.
- 1 gallon pumpkin juice
- 4 oz Flobberworm mucus
- 8 drops of lavender essence
- 1 cup Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
- 5 mandrake leaves (adult leaves)
- 6 spoons of honey
- 12 fluxweed leaves
- 1 sprig peppermint
- 1 drop of Re'em blood
- 3 knotgrass blossoms
- 3 rat tails
- 10 drops saw palmetto extract
- 2 oz zinc
- Add gallon of Pumpkin Juice and bring to a low simmer.
- Use a wooden spoon to add the mucus into the mixture. Stir. (do not touch with hands or else potion will be ruined and contaminated)
- Add the 8 lavender essence drops to the mixture (take care not to breathe it in)
- Add the Gotu Kola and set stirrer to stir 9 times clockwise and once counter-clockwise motion.
- While the stirrer is stirring, crush one mandrake leaf at a time in the mortar with a pestle and the same motion and time as the stirring.
- On the last stir (10th stir counter-clockwise), add mandrake leaf to the mixture.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all mandrake leaves have been added.
- Mix in honey, fluxweed leaves (whole), peppermint, and 1 drop of Re'em blood.
- Crumple the Knotgrass blossoms over the cauldron and into the mixture.
- Quickly add in the 3 rat tails (fumes may make the tails grow hair)
- Simmer for half an hour
- Slowly add the remaining two ingredients, adding a drop of saw palmetto and then a little zinc alternatively. Make sure the zinc lasts as long as the saw palmetto.
- Take a spoon full and drink it. Each spoonful will grow an inch of hair. Note: the spoon needs to be clean, or the hair that grows back will cause temporary discoloration of the hair.