|Elixir to Induce Euphoria|
Used to induce happiness and excitement
about an hour
The Elixir to Induce Euphoria was taught by Potion Master Valon Kazimeriz during Term 22.
To induce happiness and excitement to the drinker
- 1 pint water
- 12 drops fluxweed oil
- 1 vervain root, minced finely
- Inner membrane and fluid from 3 bloodroot stems
- 3 drams calendula pollen
- 1 dried asphodel root, crushed to a fine powder
- 1 Hyacinth flower, whole
- 1 lovage leaf (small)
- 1 bouncing bulb, shredded
- sprig of peppermint
- 2 ounces slime from the belly of a live frog
- 1 dried billywig sting
- 1 alihotsy leaf
- 1 drop glumbumble fluid
- 3 drops infusion of wahoo bark
- Add 6 drops fluxweed oil to warm water.
- Split the bloodroot stems lengthwise with your knives and scrape out all fluid and fibrous material from inside the stems.
- Crush with mortar and pestle into a fine paste and add to the cauldron.
- Stir slowly until a light steam rises from the cauldron, alternating clockwise and counterclockwise stirring
- Slowly introduce the calendula pollen into the potion, stirring clockwise.
- Crush the vervain root and add asphodel powder, adding the remaining 6 drops of fluxweed oil to form a thick paste. Add to the potion - you should see the color shift pink briefly.
- Add the Hyacinth and stop stirring, waiting until the mixture begins to boil.
- Drop in the lovage leaf; your potion will begin rapidly changing color.
- Leave the potion to continue boiling, shred the bouncing bulb.
- Add the shredded bouncing bulb bits, stirring until dissolved.
- Your potion should still be shifting color and bubbling, and should occasionally have droplets bouncing up and down now.
- Add the peppermint, then cover your cauldron and turn off your flame. At this time, allow your potion to steep while you harvest the slime off the belly of the frog.
- Add 1 ounce of the frog slime, then stir three times clockwise. Add the billywig sting and the remainder of the slime.
- Add one whole alihotsy leaf and follow IMMEDIATELY with a drop of glumbumble fluid.
- Bring back up to a boil while preparing an infusion of wahoo bark.
- Turn your flame back off and add the fluid from the wahoo bark infusion to the potion as it cools.
- Your potion should be an iridescent concoction that shifts from one vibrant color to another and seems to be slowly bubbling even when cool.