Whatever it touches will swell
Under an hour
The Swelling Solution was first taught by Headmaster and Potions Master Reynard Bontecou sometime during the 2067-2068 school year in Beginning Potions Class.
The swelling solution causes objects or parts of objects to swell and enlarge. However, it does not work on non-living things. This potion is for external use only and should not be ingested. The swelling solution is not like the engorgement charm. It is an irritant, not just a swelling in size. Where ever this potion contacts the skin it will cause swelling.
- Water (500mL)
- Ground Houndstongue (0.5g)
- Ginger Roots (thinly sliced; 5g)
- 3 Whole Lionfish quills
- 1 Rattlesnake Fang (crushed)
- 1 drop Dragon Saliva
- Bring water to a slow boil in a pewter cauldron.
- Add houndstongue and stir 22 times in a steady clockwise motion.
- Add lionfish quills but, do not stir.
- Allow solution to slowly boil and after about 5 minutes, the solution should be a dull yellow.
- Add dragon saliva. It will remain on the surface for a few minutes. Wait for it to sink before adding the next ingredient.
- Crush the rattlesnake fang and mix with ground ginger before adding them to the potion.
- Stir clockwise for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and continue to stir for an additional 10 minutes.